Chicken thighs with rice from the oven
Juicy meat with a crispy and spicy crust on a bed of rice. This chicken is gently cooked in the oven and the rice in a fragrant broth at the same time cooked in parallel.
Please rate this recipe
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 5-6 chicken thighs without skin
- 270 g rice
- 400 ml chicken broth
- 300 ml water
- Preheat oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Place the vegetables and butter in a deep baking dish.
- Place in the dish in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix paprika, thyme, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Remove the baking dish, add the rice and mix with the onion and garlic.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice, pour in the hot broth and water.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake the rice and chicken thighs for 30 minutes.
- Then remove the foil and cook for another 20 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- cutting board
- deep casserole dish
- aluminum foil
Calories: 877kcalCarbohydrates: 78gProtein: 44gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 741mgPotassium: 665mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1003IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!