Eggplant casserole with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese
One of the best ways to prepare eggplants is to bake them with a thick tomato sauce, fresh basil, tender mozzarella and aromatic Parmesan cheese. Fragrant delicious eggplant casserole from the oven will not leave most people indifferent.
Please rate this recipe
- 5 eggplants large
- 60 ml olive oil 2 tablespoons for greasing
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 900 g canned tomatoes
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- 240 ml water
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 150 g Parmesan cheese
- 180 g mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the eggplants into 1 cm thick slices with a knife.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetable pieces.
- Then place on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn the vegetables once in between.
- Instead of roasting in the oven, the eggplants can also be roasted in a pan.
- Separate the basil leaves from the stems, do not discard the stems.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the finely chopped vegetables in it for 3 - 4 minutes until they soften.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, oregano and water to the garlic and onion mixture in the pan as well.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Then simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Add the basil stems and cook for another 30 minutes.
- During this process, the pan-fried vegetables should be stirred occasionally.
- Remove the basil stems.
- Taste the pan-fried vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Next, finely grate the Parmesan and coarsely grate the mozzarella.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Pour ⅓ of the prepared tomato sauce on the bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Place about ⅓ of the baked eggplant in, sprinkle with ⅓ of the Parmesan and ⅓ of the basil leaves.
- Repeat the layers, leaving ⅓ of the basil aside.
- As a final layer, sprinkle the vegetables with mozzarella.
- Place the dish with the eggplants in the oven for 25 minutes and bake until golden brown.
- Remove the eggplant casserole from the oven, sprinkle the remaining herbs and serve immediately.
- Baking tray
- cutting board
- Stirring spoon
- Casserole dish
Calories: 653kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 33gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1197mgPotassium: 2103mgFiber: 22gSugar: 34gVitamin A: 1323IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 822mgIron: 5mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!